City of Bradford Metropolitan District Council
Bradford, West Yorkshire
- Project Value:
Alistair Coey Architects (External Works)
De Matos Ryan (Internal Works)
- Cragg Duties:
Interpretation Plan Design
Project Details:St George's Concert Hall in Bradford is the oldest purpose-built concert hall in Britain and the third oldest in Europe.
This beautiful building boasts an amazing and colourful history and is home to the longest running orchestral season in the UK.
The works included:
- The improvement to the 1400 seat auditorium with improved sight lines, seating and new retractable stage.
- Improved front of house box, cafe and circulation spaces.
- New lift and DDA compliance.
- Removal and replacement of existing slate roof and structure, new structure and coverings.
- Full facade stone restoration and window repairs/replacements.
Full Interpretation Plan and Exhibition Design and Fit out.
- The National Lottery Heritage Fund
- City of Bradford Metropolitan District Council